I'm always curious to see which are the favourite films of other people, and I'm intrigued by the different points of view. Usually, I express my preferences in February, at the time of my award, the Zazie d'Or, but so many friends asked me about this that I decided to publish my Top 10 List now.
In fact, I think it is a good idea, first because it is quite difficult to reward all the movies I have loved in one year, and also because I don't always have time to write about certains movies I adored.
So, this could make some justice to them.
Here they are, Zazie's favourite 10 movies of 2012:
1. DE ROUILLE ET D'OS by Jacques Audiard (France)
3. TABU by Miguel Gomes (Portugal)
4. CESARE DEVE MORIRE by Paolo & Vittorio Taviani (Italy)
5. OSLO, August 31st by Joachim Trier (Norway)
6. THE DEEP BLUE SEA by Terence Davies (UK)
7. LE SOMMEIL D'OR by Davy Chou (France/Cambodia)
8. TYRANNOSAUR by Paddy Considine (UK)
10. BULLHEAD by Michaël R. Roskam (Belgium)
And since I'm making lists, here's a short one of the movies that really really got on my nerves this past year:
1. THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by David Fincher (USA)
2. AMOUR by Michael Haneke (France/Austria)
3. HOLY MOTORS by Leos Carax (France)
Sorry, guys, I didn't get your movies. I didn't get them AT ALL!!!
And you, dear readers, which are your favourite movies of last year?