mercoledì 20 maggio 2015

Zazie goes to Cannes!


Every year, when the Cannes Film Festival begins, I have at least five or six friends who ask me : are you in Cannes?  They think I am there because I am posting non-stop pictures, videos, links to whatever is going on at the Festival.
But the reality is that I have never been to the Cannes Film Festival in my whole life.
Strange but true.
I have always been a bit scared, by festivals, and especially this one.
I am afraid to get lost in that wide range of possibilities, film choices, events, actors and film-makers going around.
I am probably afraid to like it too much… 

But this year, well, this year is different.
This year somebody has actually invited me to go to the Festival.
And even if I couldn’t stay there from the beginning till the end, I am actually leaving tomorrow morning for Cannes to enjoy the last 3 days of the Festival, and to seat somewhere, on Sunday night, in the theatre where the prize ceremony is taking place.
And this, I can tell you, is really a dream that becomes true.
Because every single year, since I was maybe 15, I have watched that ceremony on a TV screen, thinking: wow, it has to be amazing to be actually there!
If somebody could have said to my young-self that one day a President of the Jury of the Cannes Film festival (and one of her favourite film-makers) would have invited her to the ceremony, I think that my reaction would have been a big laugh and a statement like: You gotta be kidding me, right??!
Well, apparently not.
And if the invasion of the locusts doesn’t stop her, Zazie goes to Cannes.
So stay tune, dear readers. 

The best is yet to come...

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...