lunedì 12 marzo 2012

Aimez-vous le cinéma?

Yesterday morning I mixed up the time of my yoga class.
I wasn't the only one, though. A couple of other  girls made my same mistake and we were outside the gym 45 minutes before the lesson. I live in front of the gym, so I suggested to have a coffee (an Italian one!) at my place while waiting for the right time, and they accepted. 
Even if we see each other every week, we don't know anything about our lives. 
So, when they entered into my apartment and simultaneously asked me: Do you love cinema? Are you working in cinema?, I was a bit surprised. Well, I don't work in cinema but cinema is my biggest passion, I asnwered. Why did you think that? They looked around and they made a gesture with their hands, pointing at some cinema posters I had in my living room.
Uhm... I see... I guess I need to face reality. 
When I was back from yoga, I decided to count all the cinema things I had on my walls. In a 38 square meters apartment, I actually managed to have 8 movie posters, 10 film pictures, one stage program, and a couple of doors covered with cinema stuff. 
Yes, I know, I am THAT obsessed.
I declare myself guilty, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, and this is the evidence:
Zazie dans le métro by Louis Malle (of course!!!)
Ingrid Bergman Smile in Indiscreet by Stanley Donen
Roman Holidays by William Wyler... a classic!
Audrey Hepburn in a Philippe Halsman picture
Michael Caine in The Ipcress File by Sidney J. Furie
In The Mood for Love by Wong Kar-Wai (much more than a simple movie to me!)
In The Mood for Love Collection Pictures 1
In The Mood for Love Collection Pictures 2
In The Mood for Love Collection Pictures 3
In The Mood for Love Collection Pictures 4
In The Mood for Love Collection Pictures 5
In The Mood for Love Collection Pictures 6
In The Mood for Love Collection Pictures 7
Jules et Jim by François Truffaut (Poster 1)
Jules et Jim by François Truffaut (Poster 2)
A bout de souffle by Jean-Luc Godard 
A bout de Souffle again! (poster of the pictures exhibition by R. Cauchetier)
La Notte by Michelangelo Antonioni (my favourite italian movie of all time)
Stage program of Embers by C. Hampton with Jeremy Irons (che ve lo dico a fare??!) 

And I leave you with a little (and adorable) Zazie's thing:

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...